We are seeking a full-time enthusiastic, energetic professional trainer to join Our Community as part of our busy Institute of Community Directors Australia team. You'll work with us to deliver training for the not-for-profit sector across the length and breadth of Australia and across a range of disciplines, including fundraising and governance.
You will be responsible for providing training and associated support for not-for-profit staff and volunteers so they can learn how to become more effective. Your role will include a combination of: teaching various short courses and webinars and delivering our core offering, the Diploma in Business (Governance), including marking of assignments; development and delivery of new training material and associated content; and provision of phone and email support to trainees as required. Your day-to-day tasks will vary a lot, but it's all focussed on making not-for-profit organisations more efficient and effective.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Delivery of training throughout Australia (capital cities and rural locations in all states and territories) and via the web in both programmed and ad hoc courses
- Participating in the ongoing evolution and refinement of our exceptional training program and support materials (aimed at directors, managers and staff) - the training you deliver will need to take into account trainees' differing levels of technical proficiencies and skill levels
- Identifying any emerging training/knowledge gaps through ongoing contact with clients, as well as ensuring feedback is reflected in our ongoing training programs and curriculum
- Creating and maintaining support documentation, training materials and online training videos
- Maintaining training records in our administration system and working with our support team to provide ongoing email and phone support to trainees
- Providing assistance as required with general administration and other activities.
Skills/Attributes - must haves
- A proven track record of delivering accredited training to people with a diverse range of skills and capacities - you will preferably hold either a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110), a Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50116) or a Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50216)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and educate trainees of all ages, backgrounds and levels of experience
- A proven track record in the design and delivery of successful training programs
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently where required
- Exceptional track record for reliability and adaptability
- Happy to work in an informal (you don't have to dress up), open plan (no walls or dividers) office in North Melbourne (near Errol Street) with a team of 60 and Betsy, our greyhound office dog, or from home during the current COVID 19 pandemic.
Skills/Attributes - nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience either sitting on, or working closely with, boards or committees, preferably in the not-for-profit environment
- Experience in not-for-profit fundraising and grant submission writing
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities
- Experience in running webinars and developing training videos
IMPORTANT: Any applications submitted outside of the application form available by clicking Apply Now will not be considered.