Your new team
Orygen Specialist Program provides mental health services to young people aged 15-25 and their families/carers in Melbourne's northwest and western suburbs.
Our MOOD team provides evidence-based interventions to young people experiencing moderate to severe mood disorders, and may present with a range of co-morbid mental health issues.
Your new role
- Devise, implement and evaluate appropriate treatment plans - including clinical assessments, psychological treatments, home-based assertive outreach to facilitate engagement and case management tasks
- Function autonomously as well as work collaboratively, to plan and develop services for these young people and their families/carers
- Provide inclusive and sensitive practice to young people and their families/carers from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTQIA backgrounds
- Utilise and further develop skills in research, discipline-specific interventions or portfolios, including dual diagnosis, physical health, systems work and other therapeutic modalities
- Registration and qualifications in a relevant area of practice
- Comprehensive nursing experience in the provision of mental health assessment, treatment and case management, including with young people as a Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
- Knowledge of mental health system of care, the common mental health and substance use issues faced by young people, and evidence-based treatments
What you’ll get in return
- AH3 / RPN4 + employed by Melbourne Health under Mental Health / Psychologists EBA + 10% super + salary packaging
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change - career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
Orygen – leading the revolution
Imagine a future with unlimited potential. A future where every young person enjoys optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. At Orygen, this is our life’s work, because we passionately believe it’s what all young people deserve.
Every step of the way, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do. Always. Through world-leading research that creates change. Through pioneering reform that delivers real-world practical solutions.
Join the revolution
If you’re keen to join Orygen and be part of our team challenging the status quo and reshaping the future for young people, apply now.
Please see link for position description.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.