Your new job
The Senior Occupational Therapist (OT3) will provide comprehensive clinical sub-acute mental health care to young people and families of the Orygen Youth Prevention & Recovery Care (YPARC) program. The OT3 will apply their clinical knowledge and expertise within the dynamic YPARC team. This role promotes opportunity to demonstrate leadership for occupational therapy in the multidiscipline team.
We have some exciting new opportunities within a newly purpose-built YPARC centre. As an Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Work with YPARC team to improve screening, identification, assessment and discharge planning of young people presenting with mental ill-health
- Provide specialist consultations, assessments and evidence-based OT interventions to assist in better outcomes for young people and their family/carers
- Provide support and oversight to the OT team within the YPARC and the wider Orygen teams
- Provide supervision to Grade 1, Grade 2 and student Occupational Therapists as well as engage in supervision yourself
What you’ll need
You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health and wellbeing outcomes for young people. The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- An approved Degree from a recognised school of Occupational Therapy or other qualifications approved for eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Occupational Therapy (Vic.) Registration under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009) with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia and registration with AHPRA.
- Previous relevant Occupational Therapist experience in a mental health and/or related field
- Experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness and preferably with young people presenting with mental ill-health
- Experience and well-developed skills in the range of Occupational Therapist interventions including work with individuals, families and groups, consultation and liaison
What you’ll get in return
- Salary range $93,860.00 - $107,234.40 (commensurate with skills and experience) + 10% super + NFP salary packaging up to $15,900
- Opportunity to be employed by Melbourne Health or Orygen
- Ability to purchase additional leave; access to EAP; generous Parental Leave Scheme.
- Flexible work to suit your lifestyle and access to policies and tools that support this
- Opportunity to contribute to service design and growth within youth mental health services.
- Provider and further develop your leadership and skills with Orygen and be part of leading the revolution in youth mental health.
Orygen – leading the revolution
Imagine a future with unlimited potential. A future where every young person enjoys optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. At Orygen, this is our life’s work, because we passionately believe it’s what all young people deserve.
Every step of the way, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do. Always. Through world-leading research that creates change. Through pioneering reform that delivers real-world practical solutions.
At Orygen, that’s the future we’re creating right now. To do it, we have revolution in mind.
Join the revolution
If you’re keen to join Orygen and be part of our team challenging the status quo and reshaping the future for young people, apply now.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.