Your new job
Reporting to the Executive Director, Orygen, you will provide strategic and commercially-focused legal, risk and compliance services to ensure that Orygen meets its legal and governance requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Orygen Strategic Executive to ensure all operations of the organisation are conducted within the limits prescribed by law and that the organisations rights are protected through the provision of sound legal guidance.
- As Company Secretary, you will ensure Orygen is meeting the obligations required under the Corporations Act (CA), Orygen’s Constitution, and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
- Provide advice on current best practice corporate governance requirements and practices, directors’ duties under the law, board reporting and disclosure obligations and proper meetings’ procedures
- Manager, mentor and support a Senior Secretariat Officer
What you’ll need
You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health and wellbeing outcomes for young people. The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- A current Australian certificate that entitles you to practice law in Victoria
- Post graduate studies related to company secretarial or governance
- Relevant experience in commercial law, intellectual property law, privacy, governance and risk gained either in-house or in private practice
- Sound knowledge of the legislative framework surrounding the legal obligations of the role and Board positions on governance matters
- Extensive experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents
- High degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil complex concepts and issues clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- A client focused approach to service delivery and the ability to collaborate with peers to achieve best overall outcomes
What you’ll get in return
- $160,000 - $185,000 + 10% super + NFP salary packaging up to $15,900
- Ability to purchase additional leave; access to EAP; generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Flexible work to suit your lifestyle and access to policies and tools that support this
Orygen – leading the revolution
Imagine a future with unlimited potential. A future where every young person enjoys optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. At Orygen, this is our life’s work, because we passionately believe it’s what all young people deserve.
Every step of the way, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do. Always. Through world-leading research that creates change. Through pioneering reform that delivers real-world practical solutions.
At Orygen, that’s the future we’re creating right now. To do it, we have revolution in mind.
Join the revolution
If you’re keen to join Orygen and be part of our team challenging the status quo and reshaping the future for young people, apply now.
If you would like to review the position description please follow this link.
This is a 36-month contract and consideration will be given to applicants who can work 4 or 5 days per week.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.