Established in 1912, Open Minds is a leading independent not-for-profit organisation and registered NDIS provider. Open Minds works to enhance mental health and wellbeing through tailored supports to people living with mental illness, disability and employment.
Our Purpose is “Enabling an independent and positive future” for people living with mental illness and disabilities.
The Homeless Liaison Worker will provide Psychosocial and Mental Health Assessment expertise to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in The Sunshine Coast and Gympie regions including specifically the Homeless Hub in Maroochydore.
Positioned within the existing NPS (National Psychosocial Support) - Coastal Supports Team the role would liaise, refer, and draw upon existing relationships within Queensland Health to ensure all clients receive the right care at the right time.
Professional background and credentials
- MH Psychiatric Nurse or Social Worker with significant experience working within complex MH risk and assessment in community or social service sector is essential.
- Experience working within QH Sunshine Coast with existing relationships and knowledge of QH teams.
- Hold and maintain a current Blue Card (Working with Children) and Yellow Card (Positive Disability Screening) in the State of Queensland.
- Open C class driver’s licence.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience
- Previous experience in working in a team in mental health services and/or disability setting with experience in working in Complex Case Management & crisis response is essential.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment including being accountable for the effective delivery of NPS services and above average organisational skills.
- Highly developed communication (including written), negotiation & conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with both the people with severe mental illness (and their families) and the service providers and community that surround them.
- Demonstrated skills in developing individual support plans and risk management plans
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience
- Understanding of Disability Services Act (Qld 2006), Mental Health Act (2016) and Human Services Quality Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally engage, liaise and network with stakeholders, build community relationships, and facilitate engagement with other service providers
- Willingness to support complex clients with a range of mental health issues
This position is offered under a fixed-term based contract ending 30 June 2021, when funding for the role expires.
Compensation offered according to Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Level 5 ($41.89 / hr).
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.