About the Organisation
121 Care is an established and rapidly growing not for profit organisation who provide in-home care and supported accommodation to people with physical and intellectual disability in the Redland Bay area. We are an innovative organisation who reach beyond the traditional role of delivering support services. We offer holistic care with the individual at the centre of all our planning.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide NDIS clients with support to pursue a range of activities to achieve the goals set out in their NDIS plans.
This is a permanent full time position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Support Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Providing ongoing support coordination services to clients in line with their NDIS plan
- Using a coaching approach to assist clients in capacity building
- Maintain accurate and up to date case notes and reporting on client progress
- Establish strong rapport and working relationships with a range of stakeholders including their family members, allied health providers, community groups and various service providers
- Engaging and coordinating service providers on behalf of clients and linking clients to relevant providers
- Engaging with NDIS staff and Local Area Coordinators
Your Skills & Experience
- A thorough knowledge, previous training and extensive experience in the delivery of support services to people with a disability.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients, their families and external providers
- Strong written skills for the creation of plans, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A thorough knowledge and previous experience in the delivery of NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework and other legislation and standards which are critical to the provision of support to people with a disability.
- Demonstrated competence in computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs, and client management database systems.
- Own reliable vehicle and the ability to travel to site locations throughout Brisbane
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in: Social Work, disability or other relevant fields (preferred)
Successful candidates will be required to hold and maintain a current yellow card (positive notice), first aid and CPR training.
- Salary packaging
- Ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities