As a youth-run not-for-profit, Oaktree consists of passionate individuals who are eager to create a more just world. As with any other organisation, structures and systems need to be in place in the background to enable these impact activities. Without this foundation, Oaktree’s impact won’t be as effective or efficient.
About the role
As the Head of Finance and Operations, you will be a part of the Executive Team reporting to the CEO and feeding into two sub-committees. You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate financial, risk and legal systems are in place and being adhered to as well as contributing to organisational strategy, vision and decision-making.
As Head of Finance and Operations, a typical day might look like:
- Managing and investing in internal volunteers, particularly from the Finance and Legal team
- Training and up-skilling stakeholders in areas of Finance, Legal and Risk
- Involvement in organisational strategy and making decisions on operational matters
- Evaluating and implementing robust financial systems and internal controls
- Managing the preparation of annual financial statements, including liaising with auditors
- Reporting on the financial position of Oaktree to relevant internal stakeholders
- Preparing the financial budget for the organisation and ongoing forecasts
Legal and Risk
- Reviewing organisational policies, contracts and other key documents
- Keeping abreast of legal and regulatory requirements for Oaktree and putting processes in place to ensure compliance
- Overseeing organisational risk management - ensuring that relevant processes have been followed that risks are escalated as necessary
Reporting and governance
- Supporting the CEO to ensure timely and relevant reporting to the Board on the organisation’s financial, legal and risk standing
- Accountable and providing updates to the Finance Sub-Committee as well as Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee. Receive professional advice and guidance in these spaces
A position description is attached.