- Location: Kalgoorlie
- Permanent Part time (40 -76 hours per fortnight) and Casual positions available
Who are we?
Outcare provides person centred care for people whose circumstances place them at risk of entry to the criminal justice system, or who are currently serving a sentence.
Community inclusion program (CIP) provides reintegration services to people with disabilities who are involved with the justice system.
The residential program provides services on a 24/7 model. The clients are supported on a 1:1 (one staff with one client) or 2:1 (2 staff with one client) basis depending on their individual support needs and complexity. The role involves shift work.
This is a new service opening in Kalgoorlie. Youth Justice Community Workers will provide person-centred support to people with disabilities and show challenging behaviours and have complex needs. You will be required to do a shift work based roster.
Your duties will include, Mentoring, assistance with daily living skills, capacity building to live independently. Other duties will include facilitating activities, appointments, medication administration, domestic duties and budgeting. Ideal Candidates will have resilience, be open minded with the ability to build strong rapport and advocate for clients.
What you'll need:
- A Certificate IV in Community Services/Disability Services/Mental Health or relevant/substantial experience in the Community/Disability Services field
- Demonstrated experience in working with people who show challenging behaviour
- Ability to navigate and mitigate high risk behaviours and situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels along with the knowledge and understanding of working with people from disadvantaged and diverse cultural backgrounds
- Prior relevant experience and understanding of the issues that may face people at risk of entering the justice system
- Clear understanding of working in a person-centred manner whilst being culturally appropriate
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word at a minimum
- You will also need the following compliances:
- Current full WA Driver's Licence
- Current WA Working with Children’s Check or willingness to obtain one
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- Provide First Aid HLTAID003
- Hepatitis B immunisation (or willing to be immunised)
- Employment will be subject to obtaining and maintaining security clearance by the Government of Western Australia, Department of Communities, Department of Justice
What we give back:
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum
- Shift Penalties
- Career progression opportunities
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Working with a great team of like-minded people
- Ongoing training that includes Nulsen’ s positive behaviour support training to give you the skills to make a bigger difference in peoples' lives
Keen to learn more about this exciting opportunity? Simply get in touch with Cynthia Wambui, on 08 6253 4736
Please Only apply if you are located in Kalgoorlie or are willing to relocate.
Please note we may proceed with interviews before the closing date.