The New South Wales Teachers Federation is the registered trade union representing NSW public school teachers in pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools and TAFE Institutes. The NSW Teachers Federation looks after a multiplicity of issues on behalf of teachers. It also regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future. Thus, it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Federation is recruiting a temporary Communications Manager for a 24 month period to the organisation.
To be considered you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Proven ability to develop and execute communication strategies that advance organisational goals
- Experience developing/managing the development of high-quality communications across multiple platforms including print publications, web, social media, and email
- Computer skills, including a minimum of Advanced MS Office and Adobe suite and knowledge of database applications
- Experience managing staff to build their capacity to develop high-quality content for target audiences
- Attention to detail, planning and organising skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations with conflicting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels including difficult people/members as appropriate
- Respect for sensitivity and confidentiality of issues handled
- Commitment to unionism
- Demonstrated awareness of WHS policies and procedures
- The ability to learn Federation Rules, policies and procedures and apply these as appropriate
- A degree or diploma would be highly regarded, as would equivalent experience in a similar role