- Do you have excellent skills in relationship development?
- Are you experienced in managing multiple competing projects?
- Are you passionate about social justice and the rights of people with disability?
- Full time position
- Located near Central Station
- Salary packaging available
- Excellent conditions including additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year, access to study leave, flexible working arrangements
About Council for Intellectual Disability
- CID is a peak body representing the rights and interests of people with intellectual disability in NSW.
- CID undertakes advocacy, information provision and projects that advance the rights of people with intellectual disability.
About this position
Attract and manage business opportunities for CID in line with our vision and values. Increase the capacity of and support people with intellectual disability to participate in CID business activities. Promote the work of CID to a range of stakeholders. Position CID as a leader in inclusive practice.
The Manager Business Development manages CID's business/inclusion services work and will:
- Identify, develop and implement creative strategies and growth opportunities for CID services and products to improve the organisation’s market position.
- Implement marketing strategy and pricing model and support development of CID services and products and monitor to ensure financial growth and sustainability.
- Create new connections by identifying community networks to partner with, researching potential new clients and following through new opportunities, identifying and building strong relationships with relevant decision-makers in the government, non-government and business sectors, and re-visiting historic partnerships that may have a potential for future collaboration.
- Manage customer journey including working with managers in the allocation of work and overseeing its successful completion. Provide seamless customer support to customers and develop the relationship to further expand their commitment to CID services and inclusive practice.
- Participate as a member of CID’s Leadership team.
- Support leadership development of CID members and people with intellectual disability through involvement in business development.
Essential Selection Criteria - Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the human rights of people with disability and the principles of participation and inclusion.
- Proven track record in marketing of new services and expanding existing services and programs in the not-for-profit or government sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and independently manage multiple projects with strict time frames.
- Skills and capability to recognise opportunities to expand our market and work with senior management to build new products for the market.
- Demonstrated strong and professional interpersonal skills to develop successful partnerships and networks both within CID and with businesses, organisations and government.
- Ability to achieve results and operate effectively in a dynamic environment of organisational change, ongoing sector reform and competing demands.
- Excellent computer literacy including in Microsoft Office suite.
For more information about the role contact Linda Blair, Senior Manager Corporate Services on 02 9211 1611 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Manager, Business Development enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.