We are looking for an innovative, digitally savvy and passionate communications expert to join our team to plan and create content, and lead our digital communications. You will be a great communicator and experienced digital specialist, with a flair for writing online content, project management and planning digital strategies.
You will share and promote our work in creative, strategic and meaningful ways. You will manage and amplify our digital channels, increasing reach, impact and audience.
The Communications Officer needs to be results driven, and possess great interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, good creative instincts, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage projects and deliver on time.
CID is a human rights organisation led by people with intellectual disability. You will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of activists, community builders and information experts who are passionate about the work we do and believe that all people with disability should lead the life they choose.
- Managing the CID website, including content production, administering Wordpress, managing design and development briefs, ensuring website is innovative and user friendly, and optimising SEO.
- Coordinating CID’s communications content, including liaising with content providers, editing and content planning
- Creating online content including blogs, web pages, social posts, emails and eNews.
- Helping develop and implement strategies to increase audience reach and engagement.
- Analysing and reporting communications data and outcomes.
- Overseeing and improving supporter journeys via digital channels.
- Commitment to the human rights of people with disability and the principles of participation and inclusion.
- Experience creating content and stories for a brand.
- Experience developing processes and creating a range of engaging and impactful communication assets in a specified portfolio area.
- Demonstrated experience in productive working relationships with colleagues to achieve required outcomes.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress and Mailchimp
- Experience in accessibility and inclusion
- Experience working in non-profit communications
A position description is attached.