- Attractive salary packaging SCHADS Award Grade 7
- 30 hours per week (Nowra Office)
At a time of significant ongoing reform in the growing aged care sector, an opportunity exists in the North Shoalhaven Meals on Wheels (NSMOW) for the right person to provide leadership in the execution of our strategy.
North Shoalhaven Meals on Wheels assists clients to live independently at home through the provision of a range of high-quality, nutritious meals. It does this through five services located throughout the Shoalhaven. Three of the services have cooking kitchens. Each service manages its base of volunteers and clients through established committees staffed by volunteers from the local area.
The Manager is directly accountable to a Board of Management and will provide regular reports on the delivery of strategic, operational, financial and marketing plans to drive the organisation forward over the next three to five years and beyond. The Manager drives the execution of the strategy agreed by the Board through the services.
Ideally, therefore, the successful candidate will have experience in aged care or community services establishing strategic and operating partnerships and fostering a positive team culture in managing change.
- Strategy implementation: implement the Board’s strategy through the services and partner organisations.
- Change management: manage change in an evolving business environment with an emphasis on outcomes achieved through collaboration with the Board and the Services
- Risk management and compliance: implement and maintain a robust risk assessment and management framework to ensure compliance with relevant health food standards, CHSP policy guidelines and Work, Health and Safety legislation
- Business Development and Marketing: develop and implement a marketing strategy/plan and sales plan to raise stronger consumer awareness and grow client sales
- Relationship with the Board of Directors: work closely with the Board to agree on the strategic and operational direction of NSMOW and provide accurate and timely information/reports
- Industry Liaison: develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with funding bodies, industry contacts, NSWMOW Association, community organisations, other MOW services, clients and potential sponsors
- General Administration:payment of wages and invoices, organising training, development of support material including policies and processes for the Board and the Services
- Highly motivated with strong leadership and change management experience
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical, communication and people management skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office software skills, an ability to liaise with information technology specialists to communicate business needs and experience using client management systems
- Experience in the development of organisational strategic plans, operational plans, tenders, funding applications and other operational policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to network, liaise, manage and develop collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business development and sales growth skills
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice and access and equity principles, work safety and ethical work practices
- Strong communication skills
- Be flexible, adaptable and imaginative
- Lead and motivate a team
- Network with industry professionals and community groups
- Take initiative and be responsible for decisions
- Mediation skills to tactfully and successfully resolve conflict