- Award: Northey Street City Farm (NSCF) Staff Agreement – permanent part time
- Hours: 20 hours per week.
- Pay rate: NSCF Enterprise Agreement Level 3, $25.71 per hour, excluding entitlements as defined in the NSCF Staff Agreement
- Contract Position: Permanent Part-time
- Responsible to: Education & Support Team Manager
The Administration & Promotions Co-ordinator provides administrative and promotional support to all NSCF activities. The person should be an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people. The role requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment and have high level skills in office administration and promotions.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms. NSCF is a Permaculture demonstration site, with established gardens as well as orchards and a wood-lot. Our education program caters for all ages with a variety of courses and activities. We also operate two social enterprises: City Farm Nursery, and Brisbane’s only Organic Sunday Farmers Markets. NSCF is a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs. Use your skills and experience to help us enhance this valuable community resource.
- Be a well-informed ‘first point of call’ for the public seeking information about NSCF and its activities
- Action all incoming mail, phone and email correspondence, and distribute it appropriately.
- Maintain stationery supplies and office equipment.
- Ensure all electronic and hard filing is efficiently maintained and periodically archived. Ensure confidentiality and safe custody of files.
- Handle bookings and payments for NSCF’s educational programs.
- Ensure the membership and volunteer database is maintained. Ensure that membership registrations are processed promptly, and renewal notices issued as appropriate.
- Assist Education & Support Manager as needed with staff recruitment processes, including preparation of documents, advertising and liaising with applicants.
- Supervise and train administration and promotions volunteers.
- Liaise with IT people for computer maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Attend Education & Support Team meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Implement NSCF promotional strategies.
- Assist with developing NSCF promotional materials.
- Maintain NSCF website content and social media presence
- Ensure an appropriate promotional presence at internal and external events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to relate well within a diverse community.
- Experience in office administration in a small and/or busy organisation.
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills and experience in using Microsoft Office suite, Mailchimp, Wordpress and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing a variety of communication materials (print and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- Experience maintaining and developing a social media profile for an organisation
- Ability to efficiently co-ordinate a range of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience in supervising volunteers or staff.
- Experience working in community/not-for-profit organisations.
- Possess a general understanding of Permaculture or a willingness to learn.