Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) is a federally funded not-for-profit, that has been established with the key objectives of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of primary health care for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes, and improving coordination and access to care in our community.
This role is a 3 month contract (Cairns, Townsville or Mackay) with possibility of extension and is responsible for leading a collaborative approach across the organisation to facilitate delivery of Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs commissioned services and projects to be implemented in a flexible way and will be required to work in a proactive and collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders to achieve targeted outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of and be able to demonstrate:
- Work closely across the clinical governance and operational teams in relation to MH & AOD associated commissioned services and programs for NQPHN.
- Liaising with regional Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) and other stakeholders regarding a planned regional approach to implementing MH & AOD commissioned services and projects to ensure complementarity and flexible, efficient service delivery.
- Liaising with mental health consumers in relation to a planned regional approach to implementing the MH & AOD commissioned services and projects in northern Queensland.
- Applying evidence-based knowledge and understanding of the National and Queensland health systems, the National Mental Health reform agendas, community health and service needs, service delivery, clinician challenges, and clinical pathways in designing commissioning activities.
- Contributing to the strategic development of NQPHN for all MH & AOD commissioned services and projects.
- Ensure that current projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Manage and oversee commissioned activities across the region in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant industry stakeholders in and across the region.
- Prepare tender documentation, assist with completion of contract documentation as part of the commissioning process.
- Proactively monitor MH & AOD commissioned services and projects key performance indicators and provide written progress reports.
- Fulfill reporting requirements by collecting, collating, and communicating relevant data required to meet the obligations of NQPHN.
- Represent NQPHN on relevant committees, advisory groups, and at events as they relate to the role and organisational objectives.
- Support internal and external quality improvement initiatives, identify issues in common, and use this to build innovative solutions.
- Support and develop strategic and operational planning through established governance processes and translate strategic objectives to regional projects goals and activities.
- Review and monitor overall financial reporting and budget management activities across the MH & AOD commissioned services and programs, as allocated.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and will review applications as they are received.
If you are looking for the opportunity to be part of a committed and driven team and contribute to achieving our mission of ‘Northern Queenslanders live happier, healthier, longer lives’, this role is for you.
NQPHN aims to be an employer of choice for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, and we encourage them to apply for this role.
For further information on this position you can contact Kath Skinner on email@example.com using the subject line: Project Manager - Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs - Cairns / Townsville / Mackay enquiry via EthicalJobs and to view the position description, please visit our website: www.nqphn.com.au/current-vacancies or see attached.