Due to the nature of this role, applicants are required to be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Casual role in the Youth Services team
- 20 hours per week minimum, possibility to work up to 38 hours depending on travel requirements (negotiable to be a Permanent Part Time position)
- Alice Springs based with extensive travel to the NPY region
We are an Anangu-led organisation. We believe in the strength of our people, our culture, and the collective agency of women. We are continually guided by our values, to deliver on our purpose and ensure we deliver for and to our community, more and better choices; a good life for all Anangu.
The NPY Women’s Council (NPYWC) Youth Service works with children and young people aged 10-25 and their families.
THE YOUTH TEAM
- Works with young people and their communities to provide enjoyable, safe and educational recreation activities.
- Provide case management support to young people and their families.
- Advocate for better support for young people.
- Develop specialised projects to meet the needs of young people across the NPY region.
- Support local staff to deliver the programs.
- Provide support for young people and their families to access and attend boarding schools across Australia.
- Help the Boarding School Project Officer work in a culturally appropriate and respectful way.
- You will provide support that helps up to 15 young people between the ages of 12 – 16, and their families.
- The Boarding School Project services 3 remote communities: Pukatja, Amata and Kaltukatjara.
- Please complete the online application form on our website, and submit both a comprehensive covering letter and resume.
- Full position description attached below.
- For initial enquiries about the role, please contact Roberta Cunningham (Case Manager), on 0418 716 168.
All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.