Ngwala Willumbong Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that is dedicated to delivering quality specialist Alcohol and Drug Treatment, Housing and Homeless and other services to meet the needs of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People and their families. Our services operate across Victoria.
About the job
We are seeking a Residential Rehabilitation Manager to support the team at Yitjawudik Men's Rehabilitation Centre, this is a full-time position. This person will have a major role in day-to-day operations and supporting program development for the purposes of enhancing culturally appropriate AOD recovery programs. They will ensure the following is delivered to all staff and clients:
- A safe and supportive environment
- Sound and sustainable systems of administration, data collection and reporting
- Positive outcomes for clients through quality case management and relevant individual plans
- Establishment and maintenance of culturally appropriate program activities
- Working with others at Ngwala to provide an environment of positive change for Aboriginal people to reach their full potential
About the Perks
- Full-Time Position (3 month contract with possibility of extension)
- NFP Salary Packaging Benefits up to $15,900
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Knowledge and understanding of indigenous history and/or culture and commitment to the indigenous community
- Understanding of the issues associated with AOD and their effects on the Aboriginal Community
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as social work, AOD, youth work, welfare work and/or community development; with the minimum of of Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) or willingness to obtain
- Able to develop positive relationships with clients and work within a stressful environment
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander People are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
Please provide the following:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit for this role
- A resume that outlines your educational and employment background
A position description is attached.
*Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete pre-employment checks including a Police Check, Working with Children Check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check as well as right to work in Australia Check.