The Ngurratjuta/Pmara Ntjarra Aboriginal Corporation is a progressive Aboriginal Corporation that supports and maintains the development of opportunities and ongoing success of community-controlled enterprises.
What we are looking for:
Reporting directly to the CEO, we are looking for a professional HR Coordinator to deliver end to end recruitment processes across Ngurratjuta’s business areas in conjunction with the Recruitment Committee, provide retention and performance management support services, help to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance of HRM practices and work towards continuous improvement of HRM policies, procedures and systems. This is a hands-on role across several different industries.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- End to end recruitment, including resume review, shortlisting, reference checking and coordination of interview panels in conjunction with the Recruitment Committee.
- Providing employee relations advice and support to managers and employees.
- Ensure receipt of necessary employment clearances, visa checks and license requirements for staff as required.
- Coordinate onboarding, induction processes and exit interviews.
- Work with Managers to ensure that all appropriate trade accreditations and WH&S certifications are in place, including coordination of training and development where required, including booking courses, liaison with facilitators and trainers, manage and track attendance.
- Contribute to the development, improvement, implementation, maintenance and reporting of HR strategies and policies.
- Maintenance of employee documentation.
- Manage internal and external HR enquiries, responding to information requests and ensuring confidential communication with business areas regarding HR processes.
- Maintain HR systems, including records, files, registers, templates, and forms.
- Generate HR reports and collate HR data to provide CEO with regular and ad hoc reporting as requested, and to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with employees, managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of performance management systems and disciplines.
- Assist with office services, front office reception and other tasks as needed.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the CEO from time to time.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as HR generalist, or qualification equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective client and stakeholder relationships, including the ability to work effectively with business, government agencies and non-government organisations.
- Knowledge of Human Resource principles, policies and best practices, as well as Employment Acts, Awards and Legislation.
- Demonstrated high level of computer competency, including prior use of Microsoft Office suite and HRM systems and software.
- Demonstrated ability to keep organised, accurate and confidential records.
- Proven ability to work independently and also as part of a cross-cultural, multi-disciplined and high-performing team.
- Commitment to developing a positive workplace and cohesive team, in addition to fostering a safe work culture and to applying modern WH&S practices.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required and to represent the organisation at conferences, corporate and government functions and external stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Current NT driver’s license, Police Check and Ochre Card, and the willingness to travel to remote areas overnight or as required.
- Experience in web-based marketing and social media.
- Completed 4WD training or experience.
Job benefits and perks:
- Salary range of $75,000 - $79,999 p.a. depending on experience.
- Access to generous Salary Sacrificing options
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Professional development opportunities
Please note, only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.