Are you passionate about employment services and community development?
The Ngurratjuta/Pmara Ntjarra Aboriginal Corporation (Ngurratjuta) is a progressive Aboriginal Corporation that supports and maintains the development of opportunities and ongoing success of community-controlled enterprises, initiatives and service delivery.
Ngurratjuta currently delivers the Community Development Program in the Far West Alice Springs Region on behalf of NIAA. The CDP program supports clients to build their skills to gain employment in local communities or to participate in activities that contribute to the strength and sustainability of their community.
We are currently looking to fill several positions within the region in Employment Consultant and Activity Supervisor roles in the following communities: Haasts Bluff, Papunya, Mt Liebig, Kintore and Nyirripi.
Do you possess the following attributes?
- Enthusiasm to identify aspirations, empower and motivate, to enhance employment opportunities for clients
- Excellent communication skills and strong engagement approach to working with diverse individuals and groups
- Building rapport to maintain effective relationships with clients, peers, and relevant stakeholders from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Time management skills to effectively prioritise workload in a remote environment
- Demonstrated high level professionalism, compliance, and attention to detail
- Resilience, flexibility, and ability to live remotely with basic accommodation and amenities in varying locations
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Commitment to understanding and implementing Work, Health & Safety policies
- Trade and industry experience that can be shared to make valuable contributions to our remote communities
Requirements of the roles
- Current Police checks, Ochre Card, First Aid, and Driver licence required
- Experience working in remote communities and in the Employment Services industry
- Knowledge of local communities and language, as well as experience working within cross-cultural environments
- A long-term commitment to serving our region whilst upholding our corporate values, contributions and long-term success of our clients
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive salary based on experience in the range of $60,000 - $65,000 pa, 9.5% super, 5 weeks annual leave plus leave loading and access to generous salary sacrificing arrangements
- Accommodation including power and wi-fi is provided under an agreement at nominal rent
For further information and a copy of the relevant Job Descriptions, please call (08) 8951 1911.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for progressing to the interview stage.