- Join the bushfire response helping Australia's native birds & their habitats
- Raise significant philanthropic donations from existing and new donors
- Flexible working; professional training & development and great location
BirdLife Australia (BirdLife) is a national bird conservation charity whose purpose is to stop extinction. With one unified voice for bird conservation in Australia BirdLife works nationally to develop advocacy and research initiatives and partnerships that achieve outstanding conservation results for our native birds and their habitats.
BirdLife's achievements are derived from combining the skills, enthusiasm and commitment of its 150,000 donors, volunteers and supporters.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for raising philanthropic income from major donors and trusts and foundations.
You will do this through:
- Leading and coordinating the relationship management of current major donors
- Researching, identifying and solicitation of new major gift donors
- Nurturing relationships and drive major gift cultivation and solicitation, making “asks”
- Implementing and maintaining personalised stewardship plans for major donors
- Promoting a philanthropic culture and program across the organisation
- Working with the CEO, board members and leadership team to ensure they are engaged with donors
This role is suited to a fundraising generalist who has experience in, or is ready to gain experience in major gifts/philanthropy. You will have exceptional communication and influencing skills with a personable approach to engage and build relationships. You can also demonstrate:
- Understanding of best practice major gift or business development strategies
- Use of effective soliciting and stewardship tools mapping the donor or customer journey
- Experience working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to multitask, meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of CRM systems e.g. Raisers Edge or similar
A Position Description is attached below.