For more than Fifty years, we've been supporting people with disability and mental health concerns; and those who are aged, people at risk of homelessness, humanitarian entrants, youth, and Indigenous Australians. It’s all part of our goal to provide innovative services which support individuals, strengthen communities and enhance social and emotional wellbeing for all.
This is a new 6 month contract based in North Ryde.
The purpose of this role is to lead the design and implementation of new models for supporting the mental health of young people.
A core focus for this role is to ensure the models actively engage and are committed toward reducing suicide in young people and supporting those who have experienced it.
The day to day
- Provide leading best practice interventions, build on local community resilience and change culture and practice across government systems to reduce the rate of suicide in NSW.
- Approach to ensure services and activities are co-designed in collaboration with people with lived experience of suicide, carers and families, researchers, suicide prevention community collaboratives, community managed organisations, and other government agencies.
- Implement project plans in collaboration with the Head of Customer Services
- Monitor progress according to the defined project scope, timeframe and budget.
- Provide strategic and procedural direction, setting clear objectives.
What you need to have:
- Passion, Respect & Integrity
- Qualifications in Project Management and/or significant knowledge and experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with well-developed written communication skills including writing project reports and management briefings and development of project materials.
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills, with proven ability to deliver high quality outcomes in agreed timeframes.
- Strategic thought process and implementer. Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risk, make good judgements and solve problems.
- National Police Check and Driver Licence.
You could benefit from:
- Take advantage of the tax benefits available only to employees who work for a not for profit organization – through lower tax deductions, we can pay more money to you each week!
- Work 40 hours per week and have a Rostered Day Off (monthly)
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services
- A supportive culture and working environment
New Horizons values diversity and encourages applications from all people. Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support.
New Horizons acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.