- Part Time (0.8 FTE)
- Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2022
- Located in Port Macquarie
About the Role
Bring your strong coaching skills to make positive change in the lives of those living with mental illness.
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
Recovery Coaches provide a range of rehabilitation and support to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs. In this role, you will support consumers to engage in their own personal and unique recovery journey and develop new skills, social connections and improve their wellbeing by engaging them as fellow persons. Neami National's work with consumers occurs within their own community of friends, family and neighbourhood.
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Utilise evidence-based programs which draw on a strength-based, coaching approach which aims to enhance consumer autonomy and wellbeing
- Assist consumers to build on their formal and informal supports and provide useful practical resources that will assist them in managing their wellbeing
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate group programs
- Provide direct practical support to consumers so that they gain/maintain independent living skills
- Together with the consumer, regularly monitor their progress towards their identified goals
- Work closely with clinical case managers, carers, family and friends to deliver the best possible comprehensive service
- Maintain up to date records and assessment outcomes
What will you bring to the role?
- Strong coaching skills, drawing on your own life experience of enhancing your physical health and wellbeing, overcoming adversity and building resilience to inspire and support consumers in their own unique recovery
- An understanding of the principles and processes of psychological recovery and how to relate to individuals’ unique experiences
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- People with lived experience and/or Aboriginal background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or equivalent
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position descriptions, please contact:
Cherie Caltabiano, Service Manager: 0434 332 903
Krystal Koop, Senior Practice Leader: 0438 245 853
No recruitment agency candidates need apply.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.