“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Casual Position
- Nundah Location
- Individuals must be able to work evenings, overnights and weekends.
- CSD Level 2, $32.22 - $34.54 per hour dependent on skills and experience
Nundah House is an alternative to admission facility offering a Step-Up and Step-Down Model of Care. Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers provide a range of rehabilitation and support to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs.
You will also:
- Work closely with clinical case managers, families and carers and other community partner organisations to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers
- Using the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) protocols work collaboratively with consumers to identify their needs, set goals and develop a plan to meet those goals
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate group rehabilitation programs while engaging consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Work within a holistic framework considering the needs of consumers, family, carers and other members of the community to ensure tangible rehabilitation outcomes
You will have:
- Relevant experience with supporting consumers with mental illness
- The ability to work with people and build relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- The desire to adhere to principles and values
- The ability to plan, organise and solve complex problems.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change
- Formal qualifications are an advantage, but not essential
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Working with Children checks (are required before commencement of work - Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or Blue & Yellow Cards (employee responsibility)
- Evidence or commitment to gain evidence to meet Queensland Health’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) requirements (Refer to PD)
Why work with us?
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We provide services in diverse communities in Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales, ranging from the inner-city and suburbs to regional and remote areas.
Neami offers its staff a variety of incentives, such as:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development training
- Regular reflective Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
Please read the position Description for a complete overview of the role and the skills required.
If you have any questions not listed within the PD, please contact:
- Name: Lauren Merchant – Service Manager
- Phone: 0429 705 871
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agency candidates will be accepted for this position
A position description is attached.