- Full-time, 38 hours (5 days)
- Fixed-term contract until August 2021
- Use your expertise to achieve positive outcomes
- Ensure the effective implementation of disability sector-related activities
- Be part of a supportive team driving good practice in the disability sector
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1,130 non-government service providers.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
We continue to foster an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees, members and communities in which we live.
NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
The Sector Support Coordinator ACT Covid-19 will work closely with the Territory Manager ACT to deliver these supports to the ACT disability sector. Activities will include:
- Create links between organisations where there is a risk to the continuity of supports for vulnerable clients as a result of service shutdowns during the pandemic and recovery.
- Work with the disability sector and ACT Government to ensure the effective implementation of disability sector-related activities from the ACT COVID-19 Disability Strategy and the ACT implementation of the Management and Operational Plan for People with Disability.
- Provide feedback on behalf of the disability sector to ACT Health, the Community Services Directorate and other relevant agencies to assist the ACT Government in making their advice, information and policy decisions fit for purpose.
- Work with the ACT Office for Disability and National Disability Services (NDS) members on an ongoing basis to develop and maintain a flexible workplan that is responsive to the current and anticipated needs of the ACT disability sector.
- Reach out to NDS member and non-member disability organisations to establish communication channels.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrable understanding of Covid-19-related public health measures and the disability services sector with the ability to interpret and contextualise relevant information and messages for and about the disability sector.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of organisations and sector stakeholders from a range of perspectives such as government, disability service providers and people with lived experience of disability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an engaging communication style targeted to a range of audiences, including disability sector representatives at all levels.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity, strong project management and organisational skills, and the capacity to manage and deliver on multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Capabilities in the use of enterprise productivity tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and online collaboration tools (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams) and online communication platforms (e.g. social media, email newsletters)
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience relevant to the role (e.g. Project management, Community and disability services and health, Social sciences, Public policy and communications)
- An enthusiastic team player with an interest in people.
What we offer:
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Rey Reodica, Territory Manager ACT on 02 6283 3217.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please.
If you have any requirements for the interview (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.
A position description is attached.