- Project Assistant, Safer and Stronger, Melbourne based
- Full time, or 4 days per week
- Fixed-term contract until 30th June 2021, with possibility of extension
- Support a vital project during the COVID-19 crisis
- Use your expertise to achieve positive disability sector outcomes
- Be part of a supportive team
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non-government service providers. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability.
We continue to foster an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees, employees, members and the communities in which we live. NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
We are looking for an organised Project Assistant to provide administrative and technical support to the Safer & Stronger project team. This role will help the NDS team deliver a range of advice, resources and engagements with disability services to help them keep people safe during the COVID-19 environment, and reset their services to maintain business continuity going forward.
- Contribute to project goals as an active team member, participate in planning and communications with the project team as required
- Work closely and cooperatively with Safer and Stronger team members and other NDS staff to provide high quality and timely administrative and technical support
- Provide high quality, timely and practical event coordination and technical support for online events and meetings including:
- Set-up and coordination of digital platforms (such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, One Drive and Google Docs.
- Preparation of materials and other administrative or logistical support as required
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling, attendance, circulation of calendar invitations, agendas, promotions, minutes and reports
- Provide administrative support for working groups, reference groups other networks as directed
- Maintain database of project queries, requests, priorities and service provider feedback, and respond to or escalate enquiries from disability service providers and stakeholders to relevant project team members in a timely fashion
- Perform a range of routine and ad-hoc data entry and data management tasks
- Assist with the development, curation and dissemination of tools and resources for disability service providers across different settings
- Support team members with trouble-shooting of technical applications
- Provide administrative support for project reporting and evaluation tasks as required,
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with flexibility to move between priority tasks as they arise
- Other duties as agreed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Administrative skills including organisational, task and time management skills; the ability to organise multiple activities, meet deadlines, function independently as well as take direction.
- Technical skills in working across online platforms including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, One Drive and Google Docs.
- Good written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Data entry skills and demonstrated attention to detail including:
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong online research skills
- Initiative and ability to contribute potential solutions to problems and demonstrated experience working cooperatively within a team.
- Commitment to principles of social justice and interest in working in the disability sector
- Experience using the following software applications and/or platforms or ability to learn: Geo Mapping, Podcast platform Whooshkaa, Interactive PDFs, video and animation applications, polling software
- Experience in, or ability to learn, producing information in accessible formats.
- Degree in related field, or progress towards a degree
What we offer
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
For a confidential conversation about further details of the role, please contact Jillian Black, Policy and Project Manager, on her landline 02 9256 3157.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please.
If you have any requirements for the interview, which will occur via Zoom (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.
A position description is attached.