- Reports to: Program Manager (NDP)
- Direct Reports: 0
- Location: Hobart
- Status: Part time: 22.8 hours per week (3 days)
- Fixed term contract until 30 September 2020 with a possibility of extension, but with no guarantee.
National Disability Services (NDS) is the national industry association for disability services, representing more than 1,130 non-government organisations. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
National Disability Practitioners (NDP) is a professional association for the Australian disability workforce and operates as a division of NDS. NDP was launched in December 2014 focussed on the individual rather than the organisation, with the purpose of informing, inspiring, developing and supporting all members of the Australian disability workforce.
There are more than 15,000 individual NDP members across Australia, ranging from disability support workers, to sector leaders, allied health practitioners, students and those undertaking business support roles.
A rewarding opportunity exists to join the small but enthusiastic NDP team in the role of NDP Member Services Coordinator.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Coordinate systems and reporting: Manage all administrative processes and activity reporting systems associated with NDP membership records and communication.
- Coordinate member support: Provide exceptional customer service to potential and existing NDP members and internal and external project customers via phone, email and other formats.
- Manage communication channels: Research, compile and deliver content via NDP’s e-newsletters, webinars, virtual conferences, website and social media channels.
- Deliver internal and external project activities: Support the NDP Program Manager in the delivery of internal and external projects, specifically in regard to communication, event and member engagement activities.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Systems and reporting:
- Ensure accurate and efficient schedules and record keeping for all activities.
- Ensure data integrity and prepare accurate reporting on membership and engagement profiles.
- Develop and implement efficient business processes to manage NDP’s CRM and make recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
- Member support:
- Oversee, triage, respond and report on all membership related queries (within agreed service level standards).
- Communication channels:
- Manage NDP communication channels (website, webinars virtual conferences, email, e-newsletters and social media).
- Develop, implement and monitor the effectiveness and reach of communication campaigns and activities.
- Internal and external project:
- Deliver assigned project activities.
- Develop and maintain strong and productive working relationships with a range of internal and external customers.
- Other duties as required.
Key experience and attributes:
- A motivated, proactive, confident digital systems and database administrator.
- High level administration skills and knowledge of office information technology; including the Microsoft Office Suite, social media and website maintenance.
- Experience in managing communication channels including drafting and editing content for e-newsletters and websites.
- Experience with Website content management, Dynamic CRM and MS Excel is an advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a customer member-focused mindset and a positive and empathic approach to member satisfaction.
- High attention to detail.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment and motivation to make a difference to people supporting people living with a disability.
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.