- Reports to: State Manager
- Direct Reports: Up to 5
- Location: Perth
- Status: Full time, 38 hours per week (5 days)
- Fixed term contract up to 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension, but with no guarantee
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 1,100 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
The Manager Sector Support and Development is a key leadership position responsible for the direct service delivery operations of NDS in WA and for the management of services and projects aimed at providing sector support, capability and sector stewardship for the WA disability sector.
The role will significantly support NDS in developing and influencing public policy and in supporting members in upholding the rights and interests of people with disability.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in supporting disability services sector capability and development, and effectively represent the interests of members and the disability sector.
- Develop and support productive relationships and networks with the disability services sector and key stakeholders to strengthen sector capabilities, and represent NDS on WA consultative and other bodies as required.
- Oversee the management of key projects, processes and systems for sector support development, capacity building and sector stewardship.
- Oversee work with the disability sector to improve the availability and effectiveness of Training and Professional Development opportunities for personnel working in the disability sector.
- Strategic oversight of the operations of the WA:
- Access and Inclusion services, including the ACROD Parking Program, Companion Card and Changing Places Network;
- Quality and Safeguarding initiatives;
- Sector support, development and NDIS Transition;
- WA Sub Committees, Communities of Practice and Networks
- As a member of the NDS in WA Leadership Team, contribute to NDS strategic and business plans and ensure compliance with organisational strategic directions.
- Actively participate in internal and external communications including planning conferences, forum content and meetings as required.
- Maintain productive relationships with funding agencies and ensure a high level of delivery on funding contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of policy in the disability field, including relevant State and Federal Government policy, and the implications in the disability sector development.
- Prepare funding applications, written analyses and reports as required.
- Manage financial and physical resources.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing and maintaining quality assurance systems and maintaining a safe workplace.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent engagement, communication and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to motivate, influence and represent NDS and sector development and policy positions to a wide range of stakeholders, providers and external audiences.
- High level understanding of the disability sector.
- Proven ability to solve large and complex problems through strategic insight and continuous improvement to deliver effective and successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a management position, including management of a diverse range of staff.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills with a proven capacity to develop funding applications and cogent project reports.
- Demonstrated experience in managing financial, physical and human resources.
- Computer literacy – including Microsoft Office Suite.
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline is desirable but not essential
- Independent travel capability.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police background check prior to commencing. Any expenses incurred in obtaining these will be reimbursed to the successful applicant only.