- Reports to: State Manager
- Direct Reports: 0
- Location: Hobart
- Status: Part time, 22.8 hours per week (3 days)
- Fixed term contract until March 2021, with a possibility of extension, but with no guarantee.
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,100 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
As the Administration Officer, you will be required to attend to general administration tasks to support all aspects of the NDS project operations, with primary responsibility for supporting the Project and Office Manager and State Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate meeting room bookings, video conferencing and catering for both internal and external meeting and events.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for the Tasmania team in line with NDS procedures.
- Raise invoice requests for submission to accounts team and maintain invoice tracker.
- Reconcile petty cash monthly.
- Provide work log of weekly activities relating to tasks and achievements
- Code and prepare invoices for authorisation.
- Coordinate quotes from outside vendors, compare and report on best options.
- Negotiate with stakeholders on services and service contracts with NDS.
- General office work (preparing for meetings, photocopying, phone answering, mail pick-up).
- Co-ordinate new event registration set-up for the Tasmania team in line with NDS procedures.
- Composition of reports, marketing and correspondence as required.
- Report review and provision of briefing summary documentation.
- Update records in the NDS’ Customer Relationship Management system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Process incoming/outgoing mail and screen incoming calls
- Suggest process improvements to support team efficiency, where possible.
- Assist with project tasks as required
- Proofreading and editing documents as required
- Diary management for team activities
- Other duties as required
- “Can do” attitude
- Participation in a positive feedback culture
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Team player and willingness to share ideas for process improvement and an ability to base these improvements on legitimate data and feedback sources
- High level of attention to detail and organisation
- Computer/IT literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work autonomously
- Integrity and strong work ethic
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to work within a fast pace environment