- Come and join a small friendly team
- Working across two sites in Sydney's Inner West
- On the job training provided to the right candidate
About The Natural Bedding Company
We are passionate about healthy, easy sleep. We use only top quality organic and sustainable materials to handcraft our beautiful natural and low toxic mattresses, that are available right across Australia. Our beds do not contain harmful petroleum-based chemicals or other harmful volatile compounds. Instead, everything that we source comes from nature. Furthermore, as an eco-conscious company, all our mattresses are environmentally friendly.
We seek to empower both the Australian people and the Australian environment in all we do.
About the role
Come and help us manage our retail outlets located in Sydney's Inner West, providing a Natural solution to bedding for our customers.
Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am-4pm across two sites.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing shop staff - staff rostering, leave, expectations and responsibilities
- Managing stock levels & manual inventory, overseeing stock control & ordering
- MYOB AccountRight (transferring to XERO)
- Keeping retail team organised & motivated
- Maintaining, cleaning and organising showroom & office
- Reporting to upper management at weekly team meetings. Keeping management in the loop with issues, ideas, wins etc
- Following up outstanding accounts, quotes and enquiries
- Upkeep of culture and aesthetic of the store and business
- developing and managing current procedures & policies
- Supervising staff in dealing with customers via face to face, phone, and email correspondence
- Handling returns, exchanges & complaints
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- A minimum of 2 years retail supervision experience, preferably in the textiles or sustainable sector
- Strong sales skills & a passion for sustainability
- Excellent communication is an absolute must - both written & verbal
- Great customer service ethic in store, over the phone, and via email
- Positive outlook and a willingness to learn
- An approachable, adaptable, and outgoing personality; passionate about providing exceptional customer service and adept at resolving customer complaints
- Computer literacy
- Supportive of the team, other departments, and management
- A current drivers license is desirable
The successful candidate does not need to tick every box above, as training will be provided on the job.
If you require any further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Retail Department Supervisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.