- Lead a growing Not-for-Profit (NFP) focussed on coordination and collaboration for neuromuscular community
- Work with State-based organisations and coordinate strategic national projects
- Would suit emerging NFP leader who thrives on identifying opportunities for fundraising, as well as building strong relationships with senior managers and external stakeholders
- Work part-time, anywhere in Australia
The Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Australia (MDF) is the national voice for people with muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular conditions. MDF facilitates cooperation and collaboration between state/territory neuromuscular organisations, pursues strategic national projects and grant opportunities, and engages with government and other stakeholders to advocate for the interests -of people with neuromuscular conditions.
MDF is funded through a mix of donations and bequests, contributions from State/Territory neuromuscular organisations, and fundraising. Developing fundraising opportunities that will inspire potential donors and lead to donor growth within a national fundraising campaign, is a key priority.
The CEO will:
- lead the organisation and deliver on the strategic direction agreed to by the Board and State/Territory neuromuscular organisations;
- work closely with CEOs of State/Territory-based neuromuscular organisations. A key focus of the role is to facilitate collaboration across State-based organisations and coordinate strategic national projects which benefit the neuromuscular community;
- be responsible for developing MDF’s fundraising capability and will work with State/Territory CEOs to establish a national fundraising campaign;
- promote the needs and interests of people with neuromuscular conditions in national conversations, and influence government policy and funding decisions which impact on the neuromuscular community;
- foster and manage relationships with key external stakeholders across the disability, health and not-for-profit sectors;
- support innovation in the way the strategic plan is achieved;
- manage the day-to-day functions of MDF (with administrative and finance support);
- act as board secretary to the MDF board and
- attend relevant state and national meetings.
The role is part time: 2-3 days per week (with significant flexibility in terms of days and hours of work). The position will be offered initially on a 12-month contract, with a 3-month probation period.
MDF does not have physical premises and you will work in a virtual office environment. You can be located anywhere in Australia.
- minimum three years’ experience as a senior manager in a not-for-profit organisation – eg. in a CEO, General Manager, strategy, fundraising or business development role;
- demonstrated success in growing an organisation’s revenue base through fundraising, accessing philanthropic and sponsorship opportunities, and business development;
- demonstrated capacity to facilitate cooperation and collaboration across diverse stakeholders;
- demonstrated capacity working with senior managers and leaders in government and the not-for-profit sector to achieve change;
- demonstrated ability to grow an organisation’s revenue base through business development, government grants, and accessing philanthropic and sponsorship opportunities;
- superior communication skills;
- understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the needs of people with disability;
- current national police check and working with children/vulnerable persons check (as per requirements of the State/Territory where you live).
A position description is attached.
For further information, please email your questions to email@example.com using the subject line: Chief Executive Officer - Remote / Work From Home enquiry via EthicalJobs.