- Initial three-month contract on salary (SCHADS Level 6.1)
- Review of terms of employment after 3 – months in line with the restructuring of MMRC’s business activities
- Based in Mirrabooka
About the Organisation
The MMRC is a non-profit community organisation based in Mirrabooka which provides services to migrants and refugees across the metropolitan area. The MMRC also undertakes a range of community development and support activities.
About the role
The MMRC is looking for a Migration Agent that has a business mind and can grow the migration services in line with the ethos of the organisation. We are looking for someone with initiative who is able to provide accurate, ethical and reasonably priced advice and support to clients in regards to a range of issues relating to their own, or their family members, migration status in Australia. This may include, but is not limited to, assisting with humanitarian visas, spouse visas, child or orphan relative visas, and citizenship applications.
Key Selection Criteria
- Be registered with the Migration Agent Registered Authority (MARA). Possession of an additional relevant tertiary qualification in human services or social welfare is desirable.
- Extensive experience working with people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- An understanding of the refugee experience, including an understanding of the impact of torture and trauma.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the capacity to work empathetically with clients.
- Be highly organised with excellent time management skills and an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to create, maintain and manage accurate client records, provide reports in a timely manner as required, and be competent in a range of computer applications.
- Hold a valid Working with Children’s Check and a valid Police Clearance.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- In addition to English, competency in another language.
A position description is attached.