About the Role
The Programs Coordinator will coordinate and manage Mary MacKillop Today’s international development programs in Timor-Leste and Peru.
This will include establishing positive and mutually respectful relationships with Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste office and Peru partners, coordinating project management and administration tasks, and supporting effective monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL). In addition, the Programs Coordinator will contribute to wider team project management support and system improvement initiatives.
The Programs Coordinator has three key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate the effective development and delivery of Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste and Peru program
- Develop and maintain project administration systems
- Participate in and coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
Coordinate the effective development, coordination and delivery of Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste and Peru program
- Establish and maintain positive and mutually respectful relationships with Mary MacKillop Today’s Peruvian partners and Timor-Leste office.
- Undertake capacity assessments and conduct ongoing capacity development activities with Mary MacKillop Today’s partners and in-country staff, including identifying opportunities to promote two-way learning through our partnerships and in-country office.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project cycle for the Timor-Leste and Peru program including program administration, assisting with the development and appraisal of proposals and applications, submission of program reports and preparation of funds transfers.
- Manage all financial and narrative reporting for the Timor-Leste and Peru Program, including liaising with partners and staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- In collaboration with the Group Leaders, maintain an alert system for forthcoming proposals and reports.
- Support the Group Leaders with the timely lodgement of tenders or submissions of applications for program funding or grants to support the growth and sustainability of MMT's programs.
- Participate in strategic planning for the Timor-Leste and Peru program.
Develop and maintain administration systems
- Coordinate and maintain program records for the purposes of enhancing quality control processes and strengthening the consistency of outputs, in-line with ACFID and ANCP compliance standards.
- Coordinate and maintain financial records and undertake financial administration tasks, including payment of partner funds, monitoring against budgets and addressing variances as required.
- Manage online application, reporting and data management software and liaise with web developers as required.
- Coordinate travel logistics and document preparation for external consultants and/or Group Leader's participation in working groups, workshops, forums, network meetings, training courses and conferences.
- Support the coordination of regional or country workshops: logistics, financial and administrative functions.
- Contribute to MMT’s cross-team processes and information management systems, including archiving.
Participate in and coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
- Coordinate project monitoring, evaluation and learning processes, including data capture, quality control of information management and reporting in order to measure and evaluate program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Undertake monitoring visits to program sites and participate in field visits as required.
- Support the documenting of stories and lessons learned through the program to contribute to program development, organisational learning and Mary MacKillop Today communications and fundraising.
- Contribute to team-wide program learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of Mary MacKillop Today.
- Tertiary qualification in International Development or a related field.
- At least 3 years' experience working within the international development sector in a relevant program coordinator role.
- High level of cross-cultural communication skills, including ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people.
- High-level spoken and written Spanish language skills (professional proficiency required).
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing administration and tracking systems, preferably in support of project management, and well-developed budget management skills and financial acumen.
- Experience with or knowledge of logframe and Theory of Change designs.
- Strong understanding of DFAT and ACFID compliance requirements and experience in managing projects funded by institutional donors.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing and presentation style for a range of audiences and purposes including correspondence, proposals or submissions, report writing and minute taking.
- High level of computer proficiency, in particular Excel.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, up to 8 weeks per year.
- Adherence to Mary MacKillop Today’s Safeguarding Policy, and willingness to undergo a criminal record check or statutory declaration of local legal equivalent where criminal records checks are unavailable or unreliable.
This position is a permanent, full time role based in North Sydney, and reports to the Programs Group Leader and Partnerships & Performance Group Leader of Mary MacKillop Today. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive values-driven culture.
This is classified as a Contact with Children position and therefore subject to child-safe recruitment screening.
If you have specific questions about this opportunity, please contact Emma Dawson by email at email@example.com, using the subject line: Programs Coordinator, Timor-Leste & Peru enquiry via EthicalJobs, or call 02 8912 2777.
Mary MacKillop Today is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A position description is attached.