We are looking for a solicitor with a demonstrated commitment to social justice and an understanding of legal and social issues relevant to people of disadvantage.
- Legal advice, Legal tasks and representation services.
- Services for the community (Community Legal Education).
- Policy & law reform.
- Administration, file management and data entry.
Selection Criteria: Essential
- Admission as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW) and the Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2013 (NSW).
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal and social issues affecting people of disadvantage.
- Experience in working as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity principles.
- Ability to conduct Community Legal Education.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and computer competence.
- Ability to undertake policy and law reform work.
Selection Criteria: Desirable
- Experience in working with or providing services to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Experience in working with and providing services to people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with or an interest in the Western Sydney area.
- Familiarity with the work of community legal centres or other legal assistance services or a law practice.
Remuneration is based on:
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 6, pay point negotiable ($47.71 per hour - $49.91 per hour)
Plus 9.5% superannuation
This is a full time, 35 hours per week position, based at Parramatta.