- Status Full time - 38 hours per week
- Award Level 4, Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Location Minus18 Office, at the Victorian Pride Centre, 81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC.
This role may include working from home arrangements during COVID-19 and beyond.
- Salary Starting at $75,000 p.a. (including benefits + allowances).
- Extras Additional 9.5% Super + Additional generous salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
- Start Date May 2021
FLEXIBILITY AND ACCESS
- Role Status We are open to hiring this role at reduced hours: 0.8 FTE - at 4 days per week or spread out over 5 days.
- Start Time We offer a flexible start time between 8:00am and 9:30am.
- Location We offer adhoc work from home arrangements when necessary.
- Office Space This role will be located at the Victorian Pride Centre in St Kilda, an exciting, purpose built space for LGBTQIA+ community organisations opening in 2021. This space includes:
- A raised Tram Stop within 100m from the building entrance.
- Elevators and accessible bathrooms.
- End of trip facilities.
- Dedicated prayer rooms.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is an exciting new role, full of opportunity to empower the next generation of LGBTQIA+ leaders. The Youth Program Coordinator will have 2 areas of responsibility in their role at Minus18:
The Young Leaders Program
The Minus18 Young Leaders is a new, reimagined 12 month program for 15-20 LGBTQIA+ youth aged 18 - 25 years old in Victoria. The Young Leaders will be Minus18’s direct connection to the Minus18 youth community.
This program has 4 main objectives:
- Train and upskill LGBTQIA+ youth to be the leaders of tomorrow.
- Provide a space for LGBTQIA+ youth to socialise with each other, and connect with their community.
- Act as a mechanism for LGBTQIA+ youth to provide feedback on Minus18 programs and events
- Empower LGBTQIA+ youth to be at the forefront of Minus18 events and youth-facing programs.
Young Leaders will meet for fortnightly sessions, and the Youth Program Coordinator (with the Operations Manager and Event Coordinator) will design what these sessions look like, and bring them to life.
Event Volunteer Coordination
Young Leaders play a vital role in bringing Minus18 youth events to life. The Youth Program Coordinator will work with the Event Coordinator to develop volunteer rosters, and encourage them to sign up to volunteer.
When Young Leaders aren’t available, this role will work with the Marketing Coordinator to recruit additional volunteers, and coordinate their involvement in programs where needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
Young Leaders Program (60%) - 3 Days per Week
- Co-develop and coordinate the program - plan the semester activities, and host fortnightly leadership sessions and activities.
- With the Marketing Coordinator, advertise for and recruit young leaders into the program.
- Build internal communication between our young leaders and the rest of the organisation, to celebrate the youth-driven nature of this work.
- Ensure youth details and appropriate credentials are up to date and well organised.
- Support in other areas, as directed by the Operations Manager.
Event Volunteer Coordination (20%) - 1 Day per week
- Develop volunteer rosters for Minus18 events and inspire young leaders to sign up to participate.
- Work within the set organisation and funding policies and procedures, ensuring compliance of youth safety and risk obligations.
- Implement appreciation initiatives to show our volunteers how much they mean to us.
- Coordinate debrief and feedback sessions with the young leaders on their experience of events.
- Source additional volunteers when appropriate and as needed - especially for the annual events in Sydney and Adelaide.
Impact Assessment (20%) - 1 Day Per week
- Maintain regular feedback initiatives, including surveys and group discussions to increase communication flow and improve the program.
- Convert program feedback into impact reports for sharing with the wider community, stakeholders and funding providers.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has demonstrated experience in team leadership, youth development, education, volunteer coordination or other related discipline.
- Is a confident facilitator and speaker who creates safe, effective and fun spaces for young people or teams.
- Has a demonstrated ability to work effectively and make decisions on the go in small, fast-paced environments - such during events, leading teams, during busy scenarios etc.
- Has lived experience and strong understanding of diverse identities within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Shows passion for Minus18’s mission to improve the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth and create social change.
- If successful, a Valid Victorian Working With Childrens Check (employee) and successful Police Background Check must be obtained before commencing.
A position description is attached.