Are you a dynamic, multi-skilled fundraising and partnerships professional who:
- Excels at building trusted relationships?
- Wants to build a network amongst Australia’s philanthropic and business networks?
- Likes your work to make a difference in people's lives while growing an innovative charity?
- Thrives on challenge: can you juggle priorities like a Cirque De Soleil artist?
Would you like:
- The opportunity to join one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing charitable organisations?
- A stimulating and flexible role working in the healthcare not-for-profit sector?
- The chance to work with inspiring, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energising, fast-paced environment?
- Meaning and purpose through working in the not for profit sector helping people who are experiencing mental illness?
If this is you, then please apply for this exciting opportunity!
Mind Medicine Australia (www.mindmedicineaustralia.org) is a charity that helps to alleviate the suffering caused by mental illness in Australia through expanding the treatment options available to medical practitioners and their patients. We are establishing safe and effective psychedelic-assisted treatments to cure a range of mental illnesses.
Mind Medicine Australia is headed by social sector philanthropists Tania de Jong AM and Peter Hunt AM. Tania is one of the nation’s leading social entrepreneurs, creatives and inspirational innovators and Peter is one of Australia’s leading investment bankers and philanthropists.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board, you will manage, develop and grow existing relationships with donors, partners and supporters of the charity and strive to secure new funding opportunities, partnerships and welcome new supporters to our charity. You’ll bring a passion for giving, exceptional relationship, project and events management, organisational and influencing skills and strong networks. You'll join at an exciting period of growth for our organisation and play a critical role in introducing innovative new programs and treatments for mental illnesses.
Primary Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Grants, Philanthropy, Partnerships and Events Manager is responsible for assisting with funding applications and acquittals, recruiting and retaining high value donors, sponsors and partners and supporting and managing successful events. This is done by building long term relationships with our partners and key stakeholders; and through prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of supporters and identifying and writing philanthropic, business and government submissions for funding, in order to build and strengthen fundraising sources and maximise income for the charity’s important work.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing existing relationships/partnerships
- Growing overall philanthropic, Government and partnerships revenue for Mind Medicine Australia
- Securing and managing Partnerships for our inaugural International Summit on Medicine-Assisted Therapies for Mental Illness being held in November 2021 in Melbourne
- Securing and nurturing ongoing partnerships with sponsors/donors/corporates and philanthropists
- Grant application submissions and relationship building with trusts and foundations
- Increasing donors/philanthropy pledges
- Supporting and managing successful events include webinars, information and education sessions, screenings, philanthropic roundtables, gala dinners, our global summit and more
- Providing content and ideas for newsletters, websites and other marketing and social media campaigns
- Managing and assisting our fundraising initiatives and events
- Represent the Organisations at events and presentations
- Working with the Executive Director, Board and broader teams to develop and manage the strategy for the donor/philanthropist journey experience, including engagement and communications, acquisition, reactivation, renewal and upgrade
- Work across the Mind Medicine Australia database to effectively segment, engage and communicate with our donor base
- Maintain and update CRM noting all communications accurately and promptly and ensure appropriate communications, acknowledgement and gratitude notes and calls are made to key supporters
- Provide transparent weekly reporting and workflow updates to the Executive Director and participate in Board Meetings as required
- A demonstrated track record and success in writing and receiving grants and donations and building trusted long-term partnerships and sponsorships
- An understanding of and experience in philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing and securing investment in programs for community benefit
- Exceptional relationship, events, influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to identify stakeholder needs; what they value and how to motivate and communicate with them to secure financial support
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- A results-orientated approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- A strong understanding of CRM and donor management systems
- Excellent presentation and project management skills and the capacity to deal with people at all levels and areas of expertise
- High competency in all key IT programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, caring, ‘can-do’ and courageous
- A lifelong learner with a growth mindset
- Team-player with strong competencies in managing staff and volunteers
- A sense of urgency
Key Selection Criteria:
- Outstanding relationship, events and project management
- Demonstrated and successful track record in fundraising, grants and partnerships
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and presentation skills, including writing materials targeted to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve goals
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work collaboratively to seek relevant inputs and prepare effective and inspiring propositions for support from individuals, families, major organisations, Trusts & Foundations, Businesses and Governments.
- A tertiary qualification is preferred – minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
In return for your high energy, excellent results and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing, fast paced team with the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of Australians who are in need.
Salary Packaging is available, and we work from a convenient South Melbourne coworking location.