ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a one of a kind, digital marketing whizz, who plays comfortably at the intersection of creative design and data driven execution to grow our online reach and sales.
Have you worked in social media for 5+ years?
Do you love staying on top of the constant changes in the digital marketing world?
Are you interested in the world of meditation, mindfulness and wellbeing with a keen understanding of the landscape and leading brands?
Are you someone who is familiar with launching digital online programs?
Are you passionate about putting your social media content creation and strategy genius to work with a business that has a MASSIVE positive impact in the world?
Are you someone who loves learning, always has a book on the go, and can often be found streaming the latest marketing and business podcast?
If this sounds like you read on...
YOU'D BE OVER THE MOON TO EARN A LIVING FOR THESE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating AND executing digital marketing strategy (ie designing beautiful posts for Insta, writing compelling copy, coming up with ideas on how to engage community)
- Designing and creating content for all social media channels that grows community and sales (LinkedIn, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Creating beautiful lead magnets, tracking their conversions and sourcing necessary contractors ie conversion tracking specialists to ensure paid ads are 300% tracked and effective
- Researching and initiating partnerships with social media influencers to grow our reach
- Managing Facebook community groups
- Using your basic video editing skills to make short video clips for social media
- In our ideal scenario: You have experience running Facebook ads with a proven track record of high ROI, but this isn't a deal-breaker
THIS DESCRIBES YOU SO WELL, IT'S ALMOST SCARY
- You've had 5+ years experience in digital marketing (specifically social media management)
- You've ideally worked with businesses that deliver online programs
- You admire entrepreneurship, you've maybe even run your own business or side hustle, but you know in your heart that you work best as a contractor/employee for a successful company
- You're confident in your ability to work things out and find solutions to problems when they arise
- Very strong design skills with an ability to whip up collateral easily
- You find it deeply satisfying to track data and produce reports demonstrating the incredible ROI you've generated
- You have an interest in mindfulness, meditation and/or wellbeing in general and you're down to earth
- You have your finger on the pulse of all things digital marketing, with a natural inclination to stay on top of the ever-changing landscape and trends online
- Strong writing skills
- You work well under pressure and understand the inherent demands of campaign work
- You get irritated by mediocrity
- Brilliant attention to detail
- You live in Melbourne ideally (but we will consider other locations for the right fit)
- You don't relate to the phrase "this isn't my job"
ABOUT THE MIND LIFE PROJECT + MINDFUL IN MAY
The Mind Life Project is a social enterprise which supports people to live happy, fulfilled lives through online and offline mindfulness-based personal development programs. See the incredible impact we have had through our fundraising in bringing clean water to thousands in developing countries in partnership with charity:water here.
One of The Mind Life Project’s signature offerings is the Mindful in May global meditation fundraising campaign that has taught thousands of people around the world to meditate and raised nearly $1 million to build clean water wells in developing countries.
- To start ASAP
- Initially ~ 8-10hrs wk spread across the week for Aug-Dec, increasing hours in line with seasonality of the role (increasing to ~3-4 days from Mid Jan-May during peak campaign time with a base of 2day/wk across the year with flexible working hours
- This work will be predominantly virtual
- Preference for someone within Australia’s time zone. If you're based in Melbourne, there'll be opportunities for in-person co-working if desired
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job please click Apply Now to complete the application form.
Please send 4 image-based Instagram posts that you have designed that could be used on the Mindful in May Instagram stream (please use your own aesthetic flair, we are looking for people who have a design sense that could enhance the Mindful in May visual brand). Send your posts to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Social Media Manager application via EthicalJobs.
For any enquiries email: email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your interest in joining the Mind Life Project team.