Minderoo is a proudly Australian organisation encompassing the philanthropy of the Minderoo Foundation and the private business holdings of the Minderoo Group.
Established by Andrew and Nicola Forrest in 2001, the Foundation has committed $1.5 billion to a range of causes. We are a modern philanthropic organisation seeking to break down barriers and drive positive, lasting change.
Minderoo Foundation is made up of eight key initiatives spanning from ocean research and ending slavery, to collaboration in cancer and building communities.
Our commercial group is innovative, we think big and push forward. We believe that through seeking out pioneering business ventures we can achieve progress that is quantifiable and collaborative.
Our commercial enterprises sustain and enrich our philanthropy.
The Grants Coordinator will be key in supporting the Portfolio Manager to manage the large and diverse portfolio of partnerships and grants in the community, environment, and bushfire recovery portfolios. This role requires community development and partnership management experience, and very strong attention to detail.
- Assist in managing a diverse partnership portfolio to deliver Minderoo’s strategic objectives across the community and environment portfolio, and the bushfire recovery program
- Day-to-day portfolio management including assessing proposals, conducting due diligence, co-developing new opportunities and pitching new partnerships
- Identify advocacy and policy influence opportunities
- Manage all budgeting, reporting and outcome capture associated with the portfolio
- Represent Minderoo with partners and other stakeholders
- Leverage partnerships and opportunities within and across portfolios to build collaboration and drive broader impact from partners
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can work well within a team environment.
- You’re proactive and cooperative, a strong communicator and a strategic thinker
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated you can manage multiple within tight deadlines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a strong customer ethos
- You are a people person with strong relationship building skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a natural ability to build rapport
- Confident in your ability to think on your feet and respond to challenging situations as they arise.
- A fast learner who throws themselves into any challenge with energy and commitment
- A high level of attention to detail
- An ability to maintain confidentiality, manage sensitive material, and communicate ideas diplomatically, sensitively and succinctly
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, or similar
- 3 years’ experience in managing a grant portfolio
- Experience in managing grants within a strict compliance framework
- Experience in community development principles and partnership management
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Flexibility to manage a large workload with competing priorities
- Strong organisational skills
Of vital importance is that you will be a solutions-oriented and self-motivated person who will possess an abundance of positivity, initiative and a passion for embracing the Minderoo philosophy.
Minderoo embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, men and women of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation and People with Disability to apply.