- Provide direct and meaningful support | Recovery Orientated Practice
- Permanent Part Time | 4 days per week - Thursday to Sunday
- Fixed Term - 12 months | Cairns location
Mind Australia Limited is one of Australia’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
As a Community Mental Health Practitioner, you will deliver a high quality, recovery oriented, direct psycho-social support through individual and group work to customers and their families and carers using a model of recovery oriented practice.
- Provide direct support to individual customers
- Engage with customers to fully understand their need for assistance
- Work with families and carers at the time of transition back to community
- Undertake group work
- Work with local service providers
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Cert IV in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field) as designated by Mind
- Experience and expertise in working directly with people with mental health issues, complex needs, and with their families and carers
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of available community services, networks and supports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the use of Microsoft/other software
Why Mind Australia?
- Rewarding roles with a Not for Profit truly living their values
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive team environments
- Learning, development and career opportunities