- Full time, One-year contract with a possibility of extension
About Migration Council Australia
Migration Council Australia (MCA) is a national not-for-profit body that provides strategic research and policy advice in relation to migration, settlement and social cohesion.
MCA works across sectors to promote effective participation of migrants and refugees.
In addition to the research and policy development work, MCA facilitates national strategies and programs that focus on:
- Access to justice for migrants and refugees
- Empowerment and representation of migrant and refugee women, and supporting them to enhance their independence, participation and wellbeing
- Access to health care for migrants and refugees
- Violence prevention in migrant and refugee communities
- Economic participation of newly settled refugees and other migrants
- Recognition and promotion of innovation in settlement.
About the position
The successful applicant will be required to support event and communications coordination across a range of policy objectives and programs.
- Ensure the MCA’s publications and online content meet the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure relevant and timely media releases are produced and appropriately distributed.
- Support the Australian Migration and Settlement Awards from initial planning stages through to the delivery of the event.
- Facilitate MCA’s social media engagement.
- Carry out other duties as requested by supervisor.
The mix of activities in this role varies in accordance with work priorities and can shift from week to week. Flexibility, versatility and resourcefulness are essential in our small team. Travel will be required at times to successfully perform this role.
Key selection criteria
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including an ability to develop clear, targeted messages and to communicate with influence.
- Experience providing communications support and coordinating complex events.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively within a small team.
- Experience working in a similar role on in the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of government and public policy processes.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the issues of migrants and refugees.
- Formal qualifications in communications or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the issues of migrants and refugees.
A position description is attached.