Mental Illness Education ACT INC (www.mieact.org.au) is an innovative and well-respected community mental health educator, which, since 1993, has worked to promote understanding and awareness of mental health throughout the ACT community.
By embracing the lived experience, our mission as a purpose-driven, not-for-profit organisation is to develop and deliver education awareness programs in schools, the community and businesses that address stigma, increase mental health knowledge and awareness, and support early intervention education and health promotion.
We have multiple part-time Program Educator positions that will operate within MIEACT’s program delivery team. The role of the Program Educator will be responsible for the delivery of MIEACT’s high-quality workplace and community education sessions.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR relevant academic qualifications or experience in educational program delivery and willingness to undertake certification.
- Highly developed workshop facilitation skills and the ability to engage effectively with adult learners.
- Capacity to contribute to program and content evaluation and development.
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery-orientated mental health and trauma-informed care.
- Highly developed relationship management skills with a proven ability to engage stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Current and maintain Working with Vulnerable People Card status in the ACT.
- Providing professional training and education to a diverse range of youth and adult clients - see MIEACT Adult Programs.
- Ensuring professional practice and training delivery meets MIEACT’s policies and ‘Do No Harm’ Framework.
- Working collaboratively and co-facilitate with MIEACT team and Volunteer Educators and independently.
- Compliance with MIEACT’s code of professional conduct.
- Collecting and collating evaluation and feedback from sessions (where required).
- Maintaining professional development and sharing skills and knowledge.
- Attend all ‘train the trainer’ sessions as required.