Your primary role is to facilitate young people’s access to housing, homelessness and support services on the Mid North Coast. Working in partnership with the CHL Access & Demand team, you will assess the housing needs of young people and others who seek assistance; and work with them to facilitate access to the services they need.
You will be responsible for ensuring we build and develop positive relationships with support agencies to ensure we understand the services available for young people and ensure they can access this support when needed. You will have the ability to identify gaps in available services and either find creative solutions or recommend new initiatives.
This role is key to our organisation being able to build trust with young people, partner agencies and the communities in which we operate. It requires you to be efficient, competent and reliable; and an effective, honest and consistent communicator.
You will also work closely with and support our youth housing managers to promote tenant wellbeing and sustain tenancies.
The Youth Housing & Support Coordinator will be the face of our organisation to housing applicants and the partner agencies that refer and support them. We will rely on your professionalism, integrity, reliability and warmth to ensure every applicant receives respectful, quality customer services; and facilitated access to the services they need.
- Develop and document a deep understanding of the services available to support young people and others on the MNC, building upon the significant work already done by your predecessor
- You will do this by building strong and effective relationships with other organisations through being an active and effective player in relevant groups and inter-agencies
- Meet with and assess the housing needs of young people and others seeking assistance.
- Depending on their housing and other needs, you may then assist them to apply for or access the following services:
- Youth, social, community or private market housing
- Homelessness services such as crisis, transitional or temporary accommodation
- Other relevant support or specialist services which may include, but will not be limited to: Income Support, Mental Health assessments and supports, Independent Living Skills assessments, Occupational Therapy, Domestic and Family Violence interventions
- Follow-up both internal and external referrals to ensure a service was received and effective
- Utilise record management systems used in partnership with CHL – HOMES and TRIM
- Identify and address service gaps where possible
- Strong administration and timely data collection will enable you to keep track of your clients’ outcomes and any ongoing needs; and ensure you can demonstrate your effectiveness in this role
- Support the My Foundations tenancy management team in their own support coordination activities and promote the importance of this throughout the organisation
- Contribute to the ongoing review of My Foundations policies and procedures that affect the successful performance of your role, and those that affect our tenants, applicants and major stakeholders.
- Contribute to the evaluation of our services, as well as evaluations focused on our tenants’ personal outcomes.
- Provide a monthly report on activities and outcomes to the MFYH Operations Manager and CHL Housing Options Manager
- Support a compliance culture by ensuring that organisational risk management, workplace safety and compliance frameworks are adhered to and incorporated into your daily work.
- Increase the profile and reputation of the organisation and the sector by building strategic networks and partnerships, attending industry forums and being a respected advocate for My Foundations Youth Housing, the dignity of young people, social justice and the Community Housing sector.
A position description is attached.