- Join respected NFP agency with competitive sector salary-packaging benefits
- Exciting opportunity for an energetic community-focused marketing professional
- 'Start-up' hands-on new marketing role
Merri Outreach Support Service (MOSS) was established in 1989 with the aim of providing better access to support, housing and social options for people who experience homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. The Agency also seeks to address the underlying social and structural causes of homelessness. This is the context from within which all decisions, policies and office procedures are developed.
MOSS provides a range of services to homeless and marginalised, men, women, and children in the North and West Metropolitan Region. The Agency is committed to providing the delivery of holistic team case management to a high needs cross target group.
Merri Outreach Support Service has a strong commitment to research and community development and all staff are expected to participate in these activities. Consumer participation is highly valued in the planning and management of the Agency. MOSS currently offers a number of services to homeless people and people experiencing housing vulnerability through a range of community programs.
The world has been a challenging and disconnected place in the recent months. Even through this disruption, the appetite for positive change at MOSS exists and the need to make things better for our consumers. We’ve developed a long-term growth strategy to meet the current and emerging needs of consumers and secure the long-term viability and growth of our Agency.
An important component of this growth strategy is the development of our new company website, which was launched mid-March 2021 (www.merri.org.au). In addition, we will be developing and executing a marketing strategy (incl. digital marketing, community public relations).
Position Summary and Objectives
Responsible for contributing to the delivery of the organisation’s marketing strategy (inc. digital/online and community connection) to ensure that the organisation is sufficiently and appropriately represented across all digital channels and the local community.
The role will also manage the promotion of any fundraising or sponsorship events, providing a high level of assistance in fulfilling fundraising and sponsorship objectives across a range of sponsorship campaigns.
- Delivering on our Marketing and Fundraising Strategy: Contributing to the development of and management of marketing campaigns from inception through to delivery and post campaign review (inc. traditional and digital media marketing: social media, content, video, social media, email, influencer, brand, partner)
- Develop strategic insights: Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns with the intention of developing insights, tactics, budgets, timing, measurement and increase fundraising.
- Forward planning and project planning: Developing annual events calendar and communicating to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Key relationship development and management: Managing relationships with local community, digital agencies, local schools, foundations, and partners relationships.
- Liaison with external social media partners: May oversee or work with external Social Media Specialists to ensure delivery of the organisation’s social media strategy, and integration with overall digital marketing strategy. May implement SEO/SEM initiatives, or may work with SEO/SEM Specialists to drive online traffic to the organisation’s website and other digital assets.
- Co-ordination of nominated community events: Ensuring MOSS local events are professionally run and managed to maximise benefits for whole organisation.
- Supporting MOSS culture: Engaging with MOSS employees to raise awareness of marketing initiatives, build the skills of MOSS employees to engage and interest them in MOSS’ approach to marketing and fundraising, making it easy to engage and contribute to our work
Key Selection Criteria
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in digital marketing, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing trends, portals and channels.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to generate insights from campaign data.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Flexibility regarding time management and working hours.
- Outgoing personality, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Superior project, time and budget management skills.
- Understand the homelessness sector
- Experience in a volunteer or member-based organisation
- Experience in the not for profit sector
Office: This position is based at 279 High Street Northcote VIC 3070.
Hours of work: The Agency is open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Key Internal contacts
CEO, Business Development Manager, General Managers, Program Managers, All employees
Community groups, local businesses, ambassadors, schools, digital agencies, media.
Occupational Health and Safety:
All employees are required to carry out their duties in a manner that does not adversely affect their own health and safety and that of others by reporting all incidents and injuries as well as co-operating with any measures introduced in the workplace to improve OH&S.
Merri Outreach Support Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All staff members have a responsibility to be familiar with MOSS’s Workplace Bullying and Harassment Policy.
Merri Outreach Support Service is welcoming of applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ and people with disabilities.
Child Safe Organisation:
Merri Outreach Support Service promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and is committed to practices which instil a child safe culture.
Employment is subject to:
- A current Working With Children Check
- A current Police Records Check
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Verification of qualification
- We are collecting your personal information for the purposes of processing and considering your application for employment. We will use and disclose the information we collect from you only for these purposes. Unsuccessful job applications are retained for six (6) months and then securely destroyed.
- For more information about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Marketing Business Partner enquiry via EthicalJobs.
- Additional information about Merri Outreach Support Service can be found on the website: www.merri.org.au