Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that support people with disabilities to live independently, integrated within their community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, and receive training and ongoing development?
Mercy Community is a Not-For-Profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
The Disability Support Team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated leader to join the team.
This position is responsible for leading teams to provide high quality community based and individualised services that support and promote independence and community inclusion to people who engage with our service.
To Be Successful in the Role, you will have:
- 5 years’ experience in Community or Human Services
- SIL assistance with daily living , social and community participation
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with people with disabilities, managing conflict in groups, empowering people with disabilities to reach their fullest potential and to gain maximum control over their lives.
- Demonstrated staff management and leadership skills
- A well-developed understanding and knowledge of community participation and the legislation and standards for supporting people with a disability
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Demonstrated understanding of current disability issues
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use IT Systems including Microsoft Office
- Provisional Green or above Driver’s licence related to state of residence
- Completed NDIS Workers Orientation Module
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.