The Families and Young People Services Team currently have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Regional Director to join the Mercy Community, overseeing a range of programs within the Toowoomba and Greater Down region.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, motivated, resilient, proactive team player to provide leadership and strategic/operational direction across a portfolio. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will work collaboratively to provide focus, strategy and drive to the identification of client needs and delivering appropriate services within available resources, while continually assessing effectiveness and responding to changing needs and dynamics.
To be eligible for this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Social or Behavioural Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the child protection industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior program leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, mentoring and professional development to staff (on an individual and team context) within a multi-disciplinary program operating in a social welfare context; including the ability to identify and implement key models and practices that promotes effective supervision, resilience and self-care.
- Strong knowledge of the practice frameworks, therapeutic interventions and case management systems required within child protection legislation.
- Demonstrated understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
- Previous experience in driving service focused program/s, including; demonstrated highly-developed interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; and, experience in service and funding development, complex practice review, change management, facilitation, team development and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure effective and compliant delivery of funding agreements and organisational financial and governance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including growing and sustaining formal partnerships with key stakeholders, including strategic funding, sector and community relationships.
- The ability to develop and implement growth within the region and to meet the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to write complex reports and develop grant and funding submissions.
- Proven experience in managing budgets, analysing data and statistics.
- The ability to actively contribute to the Senior Leadership Team within Mercy Community and contribute to organisational strategic and performance planning.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Management/Business.
- The ability to travel.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package, with the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly live our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We are committed to growing our staff and providing opportunities for career progression.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website for more information.