The Families & Young People Services team currently have a vacancy for a permanent full time Business Support Officer to join its team in Nudgee. We are seeking an experienced, client focused and team-oriented administrator to support the Business Support Coordinator, office/program staff and any other staff member as requested by providing reception and general administrative services. This role will also be required to support the team in our Caboolture office from time to time.
- Providing high level business support in Finance Tasks, Vehicle Maintenance, Procurement, Work place health and Safety, Departmental Monitoring and compliance, Maintaining Registers and Databases, and Travel as required.
- Communicate effectively with management, staff, suppliers and customers to ensure a productive and Values driven environment.
- Front of house reception duties including answering incoming calls and directing as appropriate.
- Assisting with monitoring and managing office resources, and providing General Administrative assistance as required.
To be eligible for this position you will require (Key Selection Criteria)
- 2 years administration experience, and/or customer service/reception experience.
- A sound knowledge of accounts receivable/payable, petty cash and other relevant finance transactions and/or willingness to be trained in these processes
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- A high level of personal presentation and professionalism
- Readiness to learn new skills and systems and support team as needed in the implementation of new systems and models within the work place
- Demonstrate ability to work as an effective team member within a multi-disciplined environment and when required to work unsupervised.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when providing a service to clients and external stakeholders from culturally diverse backgrounds
- A Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence, ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
It is also beneficial to have
- Not for Profit experience or similar
- Completion of Year 12 Senior Certificate
- Certificate II in Business Administration
- Sound understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements within an office environment
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We’ll Offer You
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- A friendly and supportive work place
Currently the position offers a competitive hourly rate of $27.34 gross per hour (excluding loadings) in line with level 2 of our Enterprise Agreement.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.