- 3 years full time contract based in Darwin
As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the position:
The Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) program within the Renal stream is focused on evaluating CKD management strategies within and across services and determining evidence-based approaches that are site/jurisdictional specific, in recognition that one size does not fit all. The CKD program covers disparate populations across urban, rural and remote Australia and include disadvantaged areas where the risk of kidney disease in Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations is high.
In collaboration with the Head Renal Program and in consultation with the larger renal research leadership team, this position will provide leadership and management to ensure effective and efficient operation of the current and future CKD program activities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field with extensive program management experience, including experience in planning, monitoring and program management processes.
- Under broad direction and as part of a multidisciplinary team, maintain high level organisational and time management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines, undertake a range of tasks, manage team dynamics, timely reporting and liaison activities.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and management of multidisciplinary teams and ability to build strong productive relationships within an organisation.
- Demonstrated responsibility for financial management and knowledge of and experience with budgetary processes.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively, along with interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of audiences, including with people from diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated high level experience with collaborative partnerships and a well-developed capacity to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- High degree of computer literacy, including software such as the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, high level problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and strong record keeping skills.
Contact: Gillian Gorham on 08 8946 8529 or email@example.com, using the subject line: Program Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $140,828 - $150,151 salary package (comprising gross salary $112,465 - $119,929, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information on how to apply for this position please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.
A position description is attached.