- Community@Home Team Leader
- Full Time Permanent 80 hours per fortnight, including ADO
- Based at Royal Park Campus
The Royal Melbourne is one of Victoria’s largest hospitals providing a comprehensive range of health services including acute, sub-acute, general, and specialist medical services throughout inpatient and community-based facilities. We are also a proud part of the world-renowned Melbourne Biomedical Precinct, working in collaboration to advance research for continuous improvement of clinical care.
- Support the Sub Acute Ambulatory Care (SACS) Manager by overseeing the effective and efficient operational running of the Community@Home team including all brokered services
- The Community@Home service provides both Post Acute Care (PAC) and Case Management packages to clients to support their transition home post a hospital stay
- Lead a multidisciplinary team made up of allied health and nursing staff who perform both care coordination and case management utilizing clinical skills to support the allocation of services
- Be the first point of contact for the Community@Home staff regarding clinical queries, daily operations and service sustainability
- Work closely with staff across the acute, sub-acute and community areas to deliver timely, appropriate services to clients with the aim of building their independence in the community or linking in with longer term care options and avoiding unplanned hospital admissions
- Have a strong knowledge of links between acute, sub-acute and community services both within an acute and primary care setting
- Experienced working with patients, families and their carers to support and develop care plans including problem-solving to meet complex needs for the best outcome
- Knowledge of Community Services and Aged Care in previous positions of leadership
- Strong assessment and discharge planning skills
- Highly developed organisational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A rewarding career offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement including mentorship and leadership programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs (That’s an additional day off every month!)
Find out more about The Royal Melbourne Hospital https://www.thermh.org.au If you have any questions or require more information, connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
We build teams that embrace our values – caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and unity.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning.