- Exciting Consumer Peer Support role
- Community based role at Waratah, Moonee Ponds
- Be part of an exciting innovative lived experience team
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team in our community clinic
- Be part of a close knit team of lived experience professionals, that are dynamic, innovative and supportive
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced peer support worker, to work as part of a team to actively engage our community based consumers. Part of this role will be to inform and guide consumers towards our peer led groups based both at Waratah clinic and in the community. You will also be responsible for handling a database of consumers and liaising with the greater lived experience team in regards to ongoing contact and peer support of the community based consumers.
Your new role:
- Empower consumers to make their own choices about their treatment and recovery with an emphasis on strengthening their internal resources to move forward.
- Support individuals to create external links in the community for ongoing support.
- Assist consumers by ensuring they actively participate in their own identified recovery goals.
- This role will work with a clinical team, requires an understanding of how mental health services work, a resilient and positive approach, and good communication skills
- Be a true team player with confidence and desire to share their wisdom, knowledge and experience
- Lived experience of mental illness is an essential prerequisite for this role and a good understanding of peer support frameworks would be beneficial
- Demonstrate compassion and resilience, providing peer support and information to mental health consumers in both inpatient and outpatient service settings
Benefit of working with the Royal Melbourne Hospital/NorthWestern Mental Health:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.