- Supporting consumers experiencing mental health crisis in a supportive team environment
- Permanent part time opportunity
- Based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital
The Inner West Area Mental Health Service - Royal Melbourne Hospital (IWAMHS - RMH) is committed to working with consumers during their recovery by offering holistic and evidence-based treatment, which is inclusive of family/carers and provided by clinicians with well-developed skills. Staff employed within the IWAMHS are expected to identify EB practice competencies and to use these in their clinical work.
Your new role
- Support a range of consumers who are inpatients in the RMH eating disorders unit in a safe and respectful manner, fostering an environment of inclusion, safety and responsiveness
- The role is largely informed by the worker’s own lived experience of mental ill-health, personal recovery and use of mental health services, and complements the professional knowledge and skills of clinical staff
- Share skills and learnings as appropriate, in a way that brings hope and supports and empowers consumers to move forward in their recovery
- Lived experience of an eating disorder and mental illness and/or psychological distress is an essential prerequisite for this role, and a good understanding of peer support frameworks would be beneficial.
- Passionate about empowering consumers to make their own choices about their recovery, with an emphasis on strengthening their internal resources to move forward.
- High level of resilience and the ability to work in an evolving environment
- This role will work with a clinical and lived experience team, and requires an understanding of how mental health services work, a positive approach, and good communication skills.
- Be a true team player with compassion, confidence and desire to share their wisdom, knowledge and experience.
Benefit of working with the Royal Melbourne Hospital/NorthWestern Mental Health
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
Contact Person: Brendon Hatch
Contact Number: 0407512130
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.