- Be an integral part of the overall functioning and delivery of mental health and wellbeing services to young people and their families and carers
- Provide administration support to both the Specialist Clinics and Primary care services
- Full Time, Ongoing position - based at Orygen Youth Health, Parkville
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- Orygen Youth Health provide specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 25 who reside in the western and north-western regions of metropolitan Melbourne. Approximately 200,000 young people aged 15-25 years live in this catchment area.
- Our focus is on providing early intervention to young people with severe and/or complex mental illness. We provide care to approximately 1000 new young people each year (from the more than 4,000 young people who are referred).
- Multidisciplinary teams deliver individually tailored services that comprise assessment and crisis intervention, case management, medication, psychological interventions, peer support, family support, inpatient care, group work, vocational interventions, educational assistance, and intensive outreach.
- Orygen also operates the Forensic Youth Mental Health Service for the custodial sites at Parkville and Malmsbury and community Forensic Youth Mental Health for all of western metropolitan Melbourne and Western Victoria.
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Be an integral part to the overall functioning and delivery of mental health and wellbeing services to young people and their families and carers
- Provide a customer-focused reception function to consumers, staff and visitors of the service, ensuring they are attended to in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide an efficient switchboard function for the North West Area Mental Health Service, including answering all incoming calls promptly, attending to the efficient re-direction of calls, and ensuring that messages are taken accurately and received by relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Use the statewide mental health, hospital and local information management systems efficiently and appropriately (CMI, iPM, CPF) and ensure reconciliation between systems are in accordance with network policy.
- Cmplete administration duties as required including, but not limited to; minute taking, booking couriers, arranging Interpreter appointments, mail handling, monitoring and distributing fax
- Demonstrated experience with telephone reception or switchboard
- Relevant experience and ability to provide a broad range of administrative and intermediate level keyboard support functions including word processing and database entry
- Ability to contribute ideas to service improvement and participate within a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrable initiative and flexibility in an evolving Service
- Understanding of the requirements for confidentiality
- Past work experience in a mental health service would be highly desirable
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.