- Full-time and part time options available
- Regular individual and group supervision with expert practitioners
- Flexible working, manage your own day
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Justice, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
The ECIS team are a growing team with proven results delivering high quality services. Our dynamic team thrives on innovation and our collaborative approach means you always have support to try new ideas.
We are dedicated to developing the talent and expertise of our employees, we know their accomplishments are the key to our success. New graduates are encouraged to apply and be part of our supportive new graduate program.
Find out more about us!
- You are a qualified Occupational Therapist with sound experience in early intervention for children and families
- You find satisfaction in helping children thrive and seeing this positive impact on their families
- You are sensitive to others and know how to connect and talk to a diverse community
- Your proactive approach will see you deliver the best result for your clients
- You’re not afraid to think outside the box to focus on being better every day
What you can expect from us and the role:
- Take part in the newly implemented School Readiness program which will see you work alongside Kinder Teachers to imbed OT practices in the classroom
- No day is the same – you’ll have variety in your role, running group sessions, centre appointments, community visits, with children aged 0-7
- Have autonomy in your role and be able to plan your day-to-day
- Be part of a team that implements a trauma informed healing orientated approach using strength-based practice
- Work in a way that recognises and responds to the impact of trauma and traumatic stress on health and wellbeing across the lifespan
- A unique opportunity to gain exposure to other divisions in our organisation, such as homelessness and justice
- Report to the Team Leader of a tight-knit but growing team, and also be part of a Melbourne-wide Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) team
- You’ll work collaboratively with your Speech Pathologist & Education Specialist colleagues to work towards a common goal
- Be innovative and have fun. And eat some chocolate & cake on the way!
- Also at your fingertips is: professional development, salary packaging, free parking, supportive work-life balance practices, and paid parental leave
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria.
How to Apply
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more information, including a position description, closing date and how to apply, please click “apply now” to be redirected to our website.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Allied Health Professional enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please email email@example.com.